Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Achievable dreams

Achievable dreams


A few things that caught my eye while doing some late night internet window shopping. Items that would take an unsightly chunk out of my bank account but that are, if i actually thought about my budget and stopped indulging in so many random snacks, really only a splurge or a few weeks of saving away (the wang bag being of course, an exception)... I still find however, that its always good to wait before you buy especially on a 'tight budget' as it helps to avoid the ever depressing buyer's regret. Nothing makes me feel guilty like buying an item of clothing and only wearing it a handful of times.  My rule of thumb is to wait a week and 75% of the time i've forgotten about the item by the end of it.




The clothes seem to be following what has been a growing trend of boyish dressing in my outfits of late. T-shirts, plain and printed in boxy cuts, muscle tanks and loose jeans are making a re-entry into real and hypothetical outfits.
I'm still trying to figure out how to do it without looking like preteen going through her skater phase. Feminine and 'sophisticated'  accessorising is apparently the key, something that i am trying to master as 'accessories' are a long neglected area of my wardrobe. I own three handbags, a miscellaneous collection of jewellery and i think one belt. Definitely something to work on....




No comments:

Post a Comment